Vegan desserts are the ‘in thing’ with millennial foodies. And skilful chefs are actively replacing milk and cream with vegan options like almond milk and coconut milk. Executive Pastry Chef Partha Pratim Bose from one of Bangalore’s expansive new properties, Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru at Embassy ONE creates a special vegan Almond Coconut Panna Cotta with Forest Berries Coulis.
Here’s chef’s recipe:
1500 ml almond milk
500 ml coconut milk
400 gms sugar
25 gms agar-agar (powder form)
50 gms each of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and red currents
50 gms sugar
30 gms glucose
Method – Panna Cotta
- Warm up the almond milk and coconut milk together over fire.
- Mix agar-agar with sugar to prevent lump formation.
- Away from the flame, add the agar-agar mixture to the milk, and mix vigorously.
- Back on the flame, bring the mix to a boil.
- Set the mix in moulds and keep in the chiller for 4 hours before serving.
- Add all the berries and other ingredients together.
- Cook on a slow flame until you get a sauce-like consistency.
- Cool the sauce and store in the chiller, until ready to serve.
- Garnish the Panna Cotta with the Coulis & serving.
Cherish this vegan berrylicious delight!