At Cold War 2019, The Chef Post’s signature event focused around desserts; ‘organic’ and ‘sustainable’ formed the core as pastry chefs from luxury hotel brands in Bangalore created progressive desserts with ingredients that were organic, local and sustainable. Chef Sougata Choudhury from Courtyard by Marriott Hebbal Bengaluru showcased his expertise by crafting out a brilliant Palm Jaggery Cheesecake. This melt-in-mouth delight is easy to make and is something you can try out this festive season.
Chef Choudhury shares the recipe for you:
659 gms cheese
54 gms cream
100 gms sugar
25 gms corn flour
300 gms jaggery
100 gms each of refined flour, sugar, almond powder and butter
Flavours for Streusel
10 gms each of cloves, star anise, cinnamon, mace and black pepper
- Mix together ingredients for the streusel and the spices (such as star anise, cloves, etc.) along with butter till they attain a crumbly texture.
- In another bowl, add cheese, palm jaggery and sugar and beat until fluffy. Next, add in whole eggs one at a time and continue beating the mixture.
- Add cooking cream and corn flour and fold.
- Take a mould, add the crumbly streusel as the base and the cream cheese and palm jaggery mixture on top.
- Put the mould in a double boiler and bake at 145 C – 150 C for about 50 minutes.
- Once done, take it out and allow it to cool.
Rich plum cakes are passé. Try the palm jaggery cheesecake this time! Happy Holidays!