The turkey holds pride of position as the showpiece for any celebratory meal. Be it Thanksgiving, or even a Christmas feast. Chef Dirham Haque from Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru shares his recipe…
6 kg turkey
500 gms sage
1 kg butter
200 gms thyme
200 gms oregano
- Clean the turkey inside out in cold water. Place it in brine solution for 24 hours and then in the refrigerator to dry for a few hours.
- Add in herbs and butter inside the skin of the turkey. Stuff the cavity with herbs and lemon and leave the turkey to marinate for a few hours.
- Place the turkey on a baking tray and pre-set the oven to 150 degree Celsius. Cook till a thermometer inserted on the thigh of the turkey registers 72 degree Celsius. Add honey glaze to the turkey every few minutes.
Ingredients for Gravy
4 kg turkey bones
100 gms onions
300 gms celery
300 gms leeks
500 gms carrots
50 gms garlic
300 ml oil
100 gms herbs
- Pre-set oven to 220 degrees.
- Clean and wash bones and place it on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes till brown in colour.
- Cut vegetables and bake.
- In a large stock pot, add oil and whole garlic. Add roasted vegetables, herbs and sauté. Add tomato paste and cook. Then add roasted bones and sauté.
- Deglaze the pot with red wine and then add water and let it simmer for 12 hours. Strain the jus, reduce the liquid till sauce-like consistency, strain and let it cool.
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce
400 gms cranberry
5 gms cinnamon
5 gms star anise
250 gms sugar
300 gms water
- Rinse cranberries. In a saucepan add water, sugar, star anise and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries to the saucepan with the sugar liquid and cook cranberries.
- Transfer to a container and allow it to cool.
Serve turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce. Savour the sumptuous meal!